Sola Gratia Musicians Membership Guidelines (available on the website) contain vital information essential for a successful choral year. Before registering, it is necessary to read the Guidelines and determine your willingness to abide by them. A few policies are emphasized below:
- Sola Gratia Musicians is a year-long commitment. Weekly rehearsal attendance must be a priority, and certain rehearsals are mandatory. Mandatory rehearsals include extended timeframes. Each chorister must commit to attend all mandatory rehearsals and concerts:
|Dec 5, 2018||Dec 7, 2018 (4:30 pm arrival)|
|Dec. 12, 2018||Dec. 14, 2018 (4:30 pm arrival)|
|April 3, 2019||April 4, 2019 (4:30 pm arrival)|
|April 10, 2019||April 12, 2019 (4:30 pm arrival)|
|April 17, 2019 (a.m. service concert)|
- Should a schedule conflict arise during the year with extra-curricular activities (sports, drama, ballet, etc.) or other opportunities (mission trips, youth group events, etc.), choristers agree to keep their commitment to attend mandatory rehearsals and concerts.
- Cybercharter school students are welcome in SGM if parents commit to reschedule required testing and any other school district event if it conflicts with mandatory rehearsals or concerts. Parents agree to check with their school district early in the fall for alternate testing dates and locations.
- New registrants will complete an audition (about 10 minutes) to be held on Wednesday, August 15, at Bethany Bible Fellowship Church in Hatfield. They will be contacted via email or phone to schedule an appointment.
- Modest attire is expected for all SGM rehearsals and activities. All students should plan for and purchase appropriate concert attire in time for performances. Concert attire specifics are detailed in the Membership Guidelines.
- Each family will select a parent service commitment from a list distributed via email prior to the mandatory online parent meetings held on Tuesday, August 21, and Thursday, August 30, 2018. At least one parent from each family is required to participate in one meeting.