Sola Gratia Musicians Membership Guidelines (available on the website) contain vital information essential for a successful choral year. Before registering, it is necessary to read the Guidelines and determine your willingness to abide by them. A few policies are emphasized below:
Sola Gratia Musicians is a year-long commitment. Weekly rehearsal attendance must be a priority, and certain rehearsals are mandatory. Mandatory rehearsals include extended timeframes. Each chorister must commit to attend all mandatory rehearsals and concerts:
Mandatory Rehearsals: Concerts:
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 13, 2019 (4:30 pm arrival)
Dec. 18, 2019 Dec. 19, 2019 (4:30 pm arrival)
April 1, 2020 April 3, 2020 (4:30 pm arrival)
April 8, 2020 April 9, 2020 (4:30 pm arrival)
Should a schedule conflict arise during the year with extra-curricular activities (sports, drama, ballet, etc.) or other opportunities (mission trips, youth group events, etc.), choristers agree to keep their commitment to attend mandatory rehearsals and concerts.
Cybercharter school students are welcome in SGM if parents commit to reschedule required testing and any other school district event if it conflicts with mandatory rehearsals or concerts. Parents agree to check with their school district early in the fall for alternate testing dates and locations.
New registrants will complete an audition (about 10 minutes) to be held on Wednesday, August 15, at Bethany Bible Fellowship Church in Hatfield. They will be contacted via email or phone to schedule an appointment.
Modest attire is expected for all SGM rehearsals and activities. All students should plan for and purchase appropriate concert attire in time for performances. Concert attire specifics are detailed in the Membership Guidelines.
Each family will select a parent service commitment from a list distributed via email prior to the mandatory parent meeting held on Thursday, August 23, 2018. At least one parent from each family is required to attend.
- We have read the complete Membership Guidelines (found on the website) and agree to abide by all policies.
- We will schedule an audition after registration is confirmed (new registrants).
- We have recorded all mandatory rehearsals and concerts on our calendar.
- We agree that the chorister(s) in our family will attend all mandatory rehearsals and concerts.
- We understand the dress code and concert attire requirements and are willing to abide by them.
- I (parent) agree to participate in an online parent meeting and fulfill a parent service commitment.
- I (parent) will print out the consent and liability waiver form and the medical release form and bring them to
the first rehersal.